Sunday, July 27, 2008

Learning how to live...

Hi,

I've sure many of my friends who has Facebook saw my declaration of exploding introspectives but have seen none of them appearing on the blog. I must say that the inertia was great.

Thankfully, every now and then, there will be a unknown force in life that will hit you like a truck and put things into perspective. I have just learnt that Dr. Randy Pausch from CMU has passed away. Although I have heard of his story, I never found out more. I never saw or read his book and I didn't see his "Last Lecture". But somehow, I was prompted today to search for it on Youtube and here it is.



I think it is just awesome to watch inspirational people. I'm a dad too and I've been truly touched. I think the most important point was not about how many people it helped. Or whether he was just being showy (which is some of the negative comments I've seen). The point was that it was his life and he lived it well and he lived it with meaning.

His sharing only meant one thing. That we've all been beneficiaries of receiving a reminder that will energize us into motion.

For me, I am also thankful for reminder that brickwalls are there for a reason.

No comments: